Please contact our reception team if you wish to enquire about fees and any out of pocket costs associated with your visit.
To claim a rebate from Medicare for your Paediatrician Appointment, a valid referral from your GP or specialist is required. GP referrals are valid for 12 months and specialist referrals for 3 months. In most cases we are able to submit claims to Medicare electronically to ensure that you receive your rebate as quickly as possible. We ask that all accounts are settled on the day of consultation and we accept cash, EFTPOS, Visa and MasterCard.
Allied Health and GP appointments at Darwin Children’s Clinic do not require a referral. Some Allied Health appointments may be covered by your Private Health, an enquiry should be made with your fund in this regard.
Preparing for your visit
Please complete the attached New Patient Form and return to us via email, fax or upload it to the patient portal.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 08 8901 7728
- Patient Portal: clinictocloud.com.au/login
Once your appointment has been booked and you provide your email address – Darwin Children’s Clinic will send you an email invitation to access the Patient Portal.
Additionally, in order to make the most of your visit to Darwin Children’s Clinic we ask that you bring along, or upload to the Patient Portal the following documents:
- A valid referral from your GP or specialist if not already emailed/faxed/uploaded.
- Medicare card
- Any relevant results of previous blood tests, x-rays or scans.
- Previous reports (eg. speech pathology, audiology, psychology, school reports)
- Your completed New Patient Form, if not already sent back/uploaded.
- If you have been to our clinic before and are unsure if your referral is still valid please contact our reception team.
Policies / Cancellations
Parental separation is common, conflict and communication breakdown can impact not only the child(ren) but also the involved health practitioners
Children with separated parents policy
- When one parent makes and appointment, we do not provide information regarding the timing of the appointment to the other parent. This information should be communicated directly between parents. We will not offer the other parent an automatic right to attend, an invitation to attend this appointment should come from the parent that made the appointment.
- Written correspondence will be provided to the attending parent and referring doctor. If this is to be provided to both parents, this sharing should occur directly between parents. Only one email address may be captured on the patient file. The email address provided will give that parent access to our patient portal.
- Cooperation between parents is necessary for therapeutic interventions to be effective. Where conflict arises between parents regarding therapeutic decisions, our role is to provide an opinion, rather than require or pursue a decision.
- Where specific interventions are under consideration such as the prescription of non –essential medication, our default is not to proceed unless both parents are in agreement.
Exceptions to this policy could include:
- A written letter/permission from both parents has been received.
- We receive a court order.
Suite 8, Harry’s Place
37 Henbury Avenue, Tiwi NT 0810
Next to Henbury School – Access to Driveway via Willeroo Street
Visitor parking is provided at the front of the building.
Clinic to Cloud / Patient Portal
Upon booking your appointment and providing your email address, Darwin Children’s Clinic will send you an email invitation from Clinic to Cloud.
Clinic to Cloud is our patient friendly software system which has features that are designed to enhance your experience with our clinic.
By accepting this invitation and creating a login you will gain secure access to your child’s letters, invoice history and appointment information in an area we refer to as your ‘Patient Portal’.
You are also able to upload relevant documents and medical information to your child’s file in the patient portal for their Doctor to view.
The patient portal also allows you to book, reschedule and confirm your upcoming appointments.
If you did not receive the invitation email please go to;
Your username is the email address that you provided to our clinic.
Click on ‘forgot password’
You will then be emailed a temporary password, which you can then change.
If you have any questions or require assistance, please email us